1. PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
- Koekela takes your privacy seriously. We process personal data about you, because you use our website, our services and also because you provide this information to us.
- We do our utmost to process the information you have provided in a careful manner. This privacy statement gives you a clear overview of what personal data we process, how we handle your personal data and also explains as clearly as possible why we collect it.
- In the context of the General Data Protection Regulation, Koekela is a so-called ‘data controller’.
2. A SUMMARY OF THE PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS:
A. From you as a visitor of this website
- First and last name
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Other personal data that you actively provide
- Data about your activities on our website
- IP address
- Type of browser and device
3. SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
Our website and services do not intend to collect data about visitors who are under the age of 16, with the exception of given permission from parents or guardians. Koekela cannot check if a visitor is older than the age of 16, therefore we advise parents to be involved in the online activities of their children. This way, we can prevent data on children from being collected without parental consent.
B. Please contact us if we have done something wrong
If you are convinced that we have collected personal data about a minor without the aforementioned consent, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete the data immediately.
4. WHY WE NEED YOUR DATA AND FOR HOW LONG
A. Koekela processes your personal data with the following purposes:
- To be able to e-mail you when this is necessary to provide our services;
- Give you the opportunity to order and pay for products via our website;
- To send you requested information as a result of filling out the contact form and finally;
- To analyse your behaviour on the website in order to improve our website and to adjust it to your preferences.
B. The duration for which we store your data
Koekela will not store your personal data any longer than necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected. If you would like information about our retention periods in your specific case, please contact: email@example.com.
A. Not for sale!
- Koekela will not sell your information to third parties and will only provide this information to them if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation.
- We conclude a processor agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality. Koekela remains the data controller.
6. MAPPING OUT YOUR VISIT OF OUR WEBSITE
Koekela uses different types of cookies. Our cookie statement elaborates further on this, but here is a summary:
A.1.a Functional cookies: These are cookies with a purely technical functionality. These ensure that the website works properly, so that it can, for example, remember your preferred settings. Using these, we can also optimize our website and the services through our website.
A.1.b Performance cookies: These cookies can keep track of your online behaviour. These cookies are used by Google Analytics.
A.1.c Tracking cookies: These cookies are placed by an external party. By reading these cookies the advertiser recognizes you when you visit a site in which he is also involved. If you continue browsing, personalized ads can be shown. These cookies can also keep track of your online behaviour, which may result in a very specific profile being built by these parties. This profile can be so detailed that it is considered personal data.
B. But I don’t like cookies!
You can disable cookies by configuring your internet browser so that it no longer saves cookies. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser. If you want help with this, you can always contact us. However, before you do, please first check the help function of your browser.
7. ACCESSING, ADJUSTING OR DELETING YOUR DATA
A. Your rights
- You have the right to access your personal data, to request an adjustment or to apply for the removal of your data.
- If you have any questions or comments about the way Koekela processes your data, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Koekela wants to be sure that the request has been made by you. That is why we kindly ask that you, along with your request for access, correction or removal, send us a copy of your ID. To protect your privacy, Koekela asks you to black outyour photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), document number and citizen service number/social security number in this copy.
- Koekela will respond to your request as soon as possible, but at least within four weeks.
8. SECURE CONNECTION USING SSL-ENCRYPTION
To protect you as a website visitor, Koekela uses secure encryption technologies. Using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) your personal data is encrypted (not visible to third parties) on our site. This way, you can be sure that your data will only be visible to you and our server.
B. How can I identify the secure connection?
We use SSL-encryption on all parts of our site where your data is used, such as when filling out the contact form. You can check and recognize this yourself. When you are on an encrypted part of our site, you will see a (green) lock symbol appearing in the lower-right or top-left corner of your browser. In addition, the URL of http:// changes to https:// which also indicates that the page is secure.
9. SECURITY AND VERSION
A. We are super serious right now
Koekela takes the protection of your data very seriously and therefore takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, illegal access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you feel that your data is not properly secured or if there are indications of abuse, please contact us directly at email@example.com